As a member of JGC Group, JGC Malaysia is committed to conducting its business in compliance with ethical standards and procedures of the Group.
JGC is committed to fulfilling its role as a member of society (Corporate Citizenship). We recognize that the foundation of our business activities is strengthened by contributing to the prosperity of the world economy and society; to the healthy preservation of the global environment; and to the sustainable development of society and the global environment.
To meet this commitment, JGC hereby establishes the following principles, which shall be applied, throughout its operations.
- We shall conduct our business with a full understanding of the importance of quality, safety, and the environment.
- We shall provide our social contributions using the characteristics of the JGC Group.
- We shall comply with legal requirements inside and outside the country, and conduct our business in a fair and sincere manner following a proper governance system.
- We shall disclose necessary information to our stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- We shall endeavor to maintain and further improve fair human resource management to develop peopIe‘s ability and vitality bemed on mutual trust and responsibility.
- We shall promote the awareness of CSR and further develop our CSR activities re?ecting the voices of stakeholders.
JGC’s corporate management is committed to providing a safe and healthful place of work throughout all of JGC’s facilities. offices and work sites and to making every effort towards eliminating or minimizing any environmentally adverse effects of JGC's operations.
Thus, JGC will, in all of its operations and at all locations where work is being carried out under its control, promote the highest standards in health, safety, and environmental preservation and protection by establishing, implementing and maintaining an HSE Management System that will include such elements as targets and standards for HSE performance. HSE education programs and motivational incentives, and assessments and accountability for achievement of those targets and standards.
To meet this commitment, JGC in carrying out its operations, will in all cases, abide by the following principles:
- Provide plants that meet the highest standards for safety and operation, and place the minimum burden on the environment.
- Place the highest priority on the health and safety of personnel and on the preservation and protection of the environment.
- Plan and perform work in accordance with the HSE Management System.
- Hold employees, including those of Vendors and Subcontractors, responsible for their own HSE and that of their colleagues.
- Ensure that personnel are trained in HSE.
- Review, monitor and measure HSE performance for continual improvement.
- Provide full cooperation to clients, statutory authorities and local communities.
This policy shall be posted at all locations under JGC control, and all those engaged in work for JGC or present at those locations shall be aware of its contents and shall commit themselves to its fullest implementation.
President and Representative Director,
1st January 2013
JGC Corporation places the highest priority on maintaining the safety and good health of all the personnel participating in or affected by JGC's operations and preventing property losses as JGC serves its clients, industry and the world community.
In the ful?llment of the above-stated policy, JGC hereby declares:
First - JGC’s management, employees and project employees are committed to continuing efforts for zero accidents, injuries and property losses.
Second - JGC’s management encourages safety and health awareness among its employees on an ongoing basis.
Third - Regardless of the location, nature and type as well as size of projects, all applicable safety and health rules shall be strictly applied on all of JGC's projects.
JGC Corporation ensures that this policy, related directives and procedures are thoroughly communicated and implemented throughout the corporation and subcontractors engaged in JGC's projects.
President and Representative Director,
1st January 2013
- We will deliver plants and services fully complying with agreed requirements am well am statutory and regulatory requirements, thus achieving our Clients‘ satisfaction and con?rming their trust in JGC.
- We will continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system.
- We shall endeavor to preserve the natural environment through the prevention of pollution and the conservation of energy and natural resources.
- We shall provide our clients with technical solutions that conserve energy and natural resources and reduce pollution and other adverse environmental impacts.
- We shall fully comply with both, environmental laws and regulations and the environmental requirements of our clients.
- We shall reduce the production of waste through measures that emphzsize reuse, recycling.
- We shall apply the following speci?c principles to the execution of our EPC projects:
- Design Phase:
- We shall reduce the adverse environmental impacts of completed plants by minimizing a plant's operating consumptions of energy and natural resources and minimizing its emissions of pollutants and its production of waste.
- Procurement Phase:
- We shall give preference to vendors that adopt environmentally friendly manufacturing operations.
- Construction Phase:
- We shall plan construction activities to minimize polluting emissions, adverse impacts on the surrounding environment, the consumption of energy and resources, and the production of waste, and we shall ensure that our subcontractors adopt work practices consistent with this principle.
“Quality, Safety, and the Environment,” “Social Contribution,” “Employee Satisfaction,” “Information Disclosure,” “Compliance,” and “Governance” are six the fundamental components which guide JGC's CSR Policy.
Furthermore, JGC has established four target areas for our Social Contribution Policy, in line with the unique capabilities of JGC Group.
- Environment: To actively contribute to environmental conservation
- Education: To support the education of the next generation of quali?ed professionals
- Science and Technology: To support science and technology that will form the foundation of sustainable development
- Community Contribution: To contribute to the sustainable development of the areas where we do business